Rapper Mac Miller died from a drug overdose, autopsy reveals

Getty Images

Getty Images

His death was also characterised as accidental. Miller, born Malcolm McCormick, died from a reported overdose.

More details about rapper Mac Miller's untimely passing have been revealed. Police arrested the rapper at his home hours later, and he reportedly registered twice the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

Furthermore, the coroner's office has categorized Miller's death as an accidental overdose.

Fentanyl is a powerful opioid pain medication and is much stronger than heroin. Empty bottles of liquor were also found on the property, and a rolled $20 bill in the rapper's pocket with traces of white powder was found in his pocket, the report stated.

The 26-year-old Pittsburgh native, who frankly discussed his depression and addiction in his rhymes, died suddenly on September 7.

The singer Prince had taken fentanyl before his death in 2016.

As Nicki Swift previously reported, Miller, whose real name was Malcolm McCormick, tragically died of an apparent overdose in his San Fernando Valley, Calif. home on September 7, 2018.

However, he admitted that Miller, who had a history of drug addiction, was known to abuse "alcohol, non-prescribed medication (specifically Xanax and unspecified opiates), and cocaine".

Miller's death brought mourning and tributes from musical luminaries. Just last week, his friends and fellow collaborators performed a tribute concert at The Greek Theatre in LA. Performers at a concert in his honor last week included Chance the Rapper, Travis Scott and John Mayer.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.